Some of the best coding books for beginners are:
- HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites
- The Complete Software Developer’s Career Guide
- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
- Code Complete: A Practical Handbook of Software Construction
The world as we know it today is becoming increasingly digitized and consequently, IT-related industries are booming. The result of this is a growing demand for talented programmers, and particularly female ones. To this end, it pays to learn to code – and keep on learning. Once you have developed this skill you will be able to work in a nuber of different industries and even as a freelancer, making it easier to balance work and family life.
Here is an introduction to five highly resourceful programming books that make learning coding easy and enjoyable. There is a link at the bottom of each if you decide that you want to give it a go. ( As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
- How to use jQuery to simplify your code
- How to make your WordPress sites more interactive
- How to recreate popular web techniques
One of the best things about this book is that it uses colored illustrations to make the lessons easier to understand. Users can also get comprehensive online support, including practical exercises and coding samples on a website.
Buy your copy below…
This book is also authored by Jon Duckett, but it focuses on CSS and HTML. These languages are designed to teach how to build robust websites from scratch – and everything in-between. It teaches the following:
- How to write CSS3 and HTML
- How to structure sites and web pages
- How to prepare images, audio, and video
- How to control layout and typography
This book also comes with online support. The website contains video tutorials, referencing tools, and coding examples reflective of 2021 tech trends coding developments.
This book is authored by John Sonmez. It gives an in-depth dive into coding, essentially exposing the fundamentals of software development. To this end, it is described as an in-depth review of the research of software development techniques.
- How to develop a versatile website
- How to deal with situations at the workplace
This book goes beyond the basics of coding. However, it is recommendable for people at all levels of coding – including beginners.
SICP is one of the most popular programming books – and it has been since 2005. It was authored by Harold Abelson, Julie Sussman, and Gerald Jay Sussman.
SICP delves into the fundamentals of coding, essentially laying down the basics to make it easier to learn the jargon. The book employs the use of Scheme to deliver its lessons, which is part of what makes it easy to understand. However, it is recommendable to familiarize yourself with at least one programming language before delving into this book.
This book by Steve McConnell is described as one of the best practical programming books. It teaches how to write robust codes, regardless of the coding language’s architecture. Some of the things that you will learn will include:
- How to maximize creativity
- How to reduce errors and evolve code
- How to fasten the debugging process
- How to develop software using a simplistic approach
One of the best things about this book is that it uses a wide range of examples. It is ideal for coders at all levels of expertise.
Programming is one of the most lucrative tech fields. Anyone can do it – you just need to learn how to do it. These five books make it easy and enjoyable to learn to code, and they are especially ideal for beginners.